It’s evident that summer is just around the corner in Tomball, when the sun reappears and temperatures begin to rise. Check to see if your air conditioner is capable of keeping you cool. While it may be tempting to choose the cheapest option, consider twice before going for HVAC service in Tomball. Here are some pointers to consider if you’re trying to decide to go in for Air conditioning repair in Tomball.
Is Your AC Unit Old?
You may not believe that a 10-year-old air conditioner has to be changed, but newer models are more energy-efficient and ecologically friendly. If your system requires repairs, it may be more cost-effective to replace it.
This is why –
- It will be more dependable and productive.
- A warranty will cover it.
- You will save money on your energy bill as a result of this.
Does a Warranty cover your System?
If a warranty still covers your air conditioner, your repair fee will be covered by it, and you won’t have to pay anything. Of course, this will be determined by the terms of your warranty. It’s possible that the parts would be covered, but the work will be your responsibility. To make a decision, get a figure on how much work will cost to repair your air conditioner, and then compare that to the cost of a new installation.
What is the condition of your AC?
If you’ve had your unit serviced annually, likely, it’s still in good working order. The system will have been cleaned, the refrigerant refilled, and the ducting will have been cleaned and fixed. It will be operating at maximum efficiency. When faced with a situation like this, it’s probably best to get the repair done. However, if vital parts are nearing the point of needing replacement, you should consider having the unit changed by a professional.
Here are some more reasons to consider changing your air conditioning system –
- Lower running costs are appealing.
- New manufacturers are obligated to make units with a SEER value of less than 14. This metric measures efficiency. Any six-year-old or older unit will cost 60% more to operate than newer units.
- Mold, dust, germs, and allergies are reduced by newer air conditioners designed to improve indoor air quality. It can make a difference in the lives of allergy sufferers in the family.
- If your current system requires frequent repairs and maintenance, installing a system that includes a maintenance plan may be more cost-effective. This will eliminate the need for costly technician callouts.
- How easy is it to obtain replacement parts? Some models may no longer be able to get specific parts to you without filing time-consuming orders. These spare parts could potentially be expensive. With a newer model, you’ll have easier and more affordable access to spare components.
For the best HVAC service in Tomball, contact Air United Mechanical now! They are the premium choice for professional air conditioning repair in Tomball, Spring, Cypress, The Woodlands, Kingwood, Atascocita, Humble & surrounding areas.